What is Savings Catcher?
At Walmart we have low prices everyday on everything. If a local competitor offers a lower advertised price on an eligible item you purchased at Walmart, we have a program called Savings Catcher that allows you to get back the difference.
If a local competitor offers a lower advertised price on an eligible item you purchased at Walmart, we have a program called Savings Catcher that allows you to get back the difference on a Walmart Rewards eGift Card or a Bluebird by American Express Card. Amounts credited to these Cards can be used to make purchases exclusively in-store at Walmart or online at Walmart.com. For further details and examples of eligible items, please see the Matching section below.
Savings Catcher FAQs
IN PUERTO RICO, the same Savings Catcher functionalities will apply to the Amigo supermarkets.
- Submit your receipt to Savings Catcher in any one of two ways:
- Enter the receipt number (the TC number) into Savings Catcher atsavingscatcher.walmart.com or in the Walmart Android or iPhone app. You’ll find this number located near the bottom of your printed Walmart store receipt.
- Or, scan the code at the bottom of your printed store receipt, using the scanner in the Savings Catcher section of the Walmart app.
- Savings Catcher compares the prices of the eligible items you bought at Walmart to the advertised prices found in the print and online versions of the weekly ads of top retailers in your area. The ads must be valid at the time you made your Walmart purchase.
- If Savings Catcher finds an advertised price that is lower than what you paid for the same exact item at Walmart, you’ll get back the difference in the form of Savings Catcher Reward Dollars, which can be redeemed for a Walmart Rewards eGift Card or Walmart Buck$ added to your Bluebird by American Express Card, which can be used to make purchases exclusively in-store at Walmart or online at Walmart.com.
Savings Catcher will match competitor BOGO deals in all 50 states and Puerto Rico as long as a price is listed. In addition, in the state of FLORIDA ONLY for Publix and Winn Dixie stores, the Buy One Get One free (BOGO) ad can state “Save up to” with a clearly defined item size to be eligible.
FLORIDA only example: “Peter Pan Peanut Butter, buy one, get one free. Save up to $3.50.” will be compared as follows: Competitor BOGO “Save up to $3.50” means that each Peter Pan Peanut Butter costs $1.75 ($3.50 / 2 = $1.75). If the Walmart price for one Peter Pan Peanut Butter is $3.00, you would then get back $1.25 on each Peter Pan Peanut Butter you buy at Walmart ($3.00 – $1.75 = $1.25).
Savings Catcher does not compare the following types of offers:
- Items that require a separate purchase to get the advertised price (example: “Buy oatmeal to get cereal for $1” or “Cereal for $0.50 with $25 purchase in store.”)
- Items with no actual price that require a purchase to get a free product (example: “Buy both oatmeal & cereal to get milk for free.”)
- Items that require a purchase to get a gift card (example: “Buy a 12 pack of paper towels to get a $5 gift card.”)
- Buy one get one free (BOGO) deals where no item price is listed (example: Peter Pan Peanut Butter, buy one, get one free. Save up to $2.50.”) are not included except as noted above.
- Going out of business or closeout prices.
- Percentage off (example: “All mascara, 40% off.)
- Items placed on layaway are not eligible for Savings Catcher.
- Deals that are listed as available with a clearly stated manufacturer’s coupon, “on pack coupon,” or “coupon commonly found in Sunday newspaper” are not eligible for Savings Catcher.
- Deals that require a competitor coupon that imposes a quantity limit (example: Pepsi 2 Liter $0.29 Limit 1 with competitor coupon)
- Deals that require a case purchase to receive a special price (example: Campbell’s soup for $0.50 each when you buy a case of 24 for $12.00)
There are two ways for you to submit your receipt:
- Enter the receipt number (the TC number) into Savings Catcher atsavingscatcher.walmart.com. You’ll find this number located near the bottom of your printed Walmart store receipt.
- Or, scan the code at the bottom of the printed store receipt, using the scanner in the Savings Catcher section of the Walmart app.
There are a few reasons why you might be receiving an “invalid” message when you try to enter your receipt:
- The TC number and purchase date may have been entered incorrectly. Check the numbers carefully and try again.
- Your receipt may be older than 7 days. For example, if you bought your items on Tuesday this week, you have until Monday of next week to enter it into Savings Catcher.
Savings Catcher currently applies to:
- Groceries such as pantry staples including cereal, chips, rice, yogurt, milk, and frozen foods (must be identical and match UPC to UPC)
- Consumable items such as paper towels, bleach, and trash bags
- Health and beauty items such as shampoo and makeup
Savings Catcher currently does NOT apply to:
- Any food, consumables, or health & wellness items that do not meet the eligibility criteria above (See section “Does Savings Catcher compare all items on my receipt?”)
- Items sold in the Bakery department
- Fresh or variable weight meat
- Items sold in the Deli department
- General merchandise items including, but not limited to, outdoor living consumables (such as such as fertilizer and bug spray), office supplies, apparel, DVD’s, electronics, CD and gaming media, toys, housewares, small appliances, sporting goods, home décor, bedding, books and magazines, shoes, jewelry, furniture and seasonal products
- Non-branded items
- Tobacco, alcohol, firearms, gasoline, tires, prescription drugs, optical and photo products and services, or products that require a service agreement such as wireless, automotive or financial products
This is due to one or more of the following reasons:
- The items were not advertised by a competitor in your area at the time of your Walmart purchase
- The type of promotion in the competitor circular is not included in Savings Catcher.
- The items you purchased were not identical to the advertised items. (Size, quantity, brand, flavor, color, etc.)
If you have questions about your receipt, please contact us using the “Contact Us” button in the Savings Catcher section on our full site and the “Give Feedback” option in the main menu on our app.
- After you scan your store receipt, it typically takes 2-3 days for Savings Catcher to notify you with your results. During that time, Savings Catcher works with a third party to find and review nearby top retailers’ weekly ads, both the print and online versions. Savings Catcher then looks for ads that match the eligible items on your receipt and compares these advertised prices against the prices you paid at Walmart.
To be a match, the advertised items must be of identical size, quantity, brand, flavor, and color to your Walmart items, and the ads must be valid at the time you made your purchase. Gathering and reviewing this amount of data takes some time. We are working to speed up this process.
Results can take up to 72 hours to be ready. If your receipt has been processing for longer, there are a few reasons why it may not be working:
- The TC number and purchase date may have been entered incorrectly.
- Your receipt may be older than 7 days. For example, if you bought your items on Tuesday this week, you have until Monday of next week to submit your receipt to Savings Catcher.
- If you returned one of the items on your receipt, your receipt may take longer than normal to process.
Redeeming my Reward Dollars
There are two ways to redeem your Reward Dollars:
- You can choose to redeem your Savings Catcher Reward Dollars to a Walmart Rewards eGift Card that you can use at any Walmart store or on Walmart.com.
- If you are or become a Bluebird by American Express Card Member, you can choose to redeem your Savings Catcher Reward Dollars to your Bluebird Card in the form of Walmart Buck$, which are credits to your Bluebird Card that can be used to make purchases exclusively at Walmart stores or online at Walmart.com. To learn more about Bluebird and Walmart Buck$, clickhere.
When you choose to redeem your available Savings Catcher balance, a Walmart Rewards eGift Card will be sent to the email address connected to your account. Please note that all new Savings Catcher Reward Dollars will be loaded onto the same Walmart Rewards eGift Card so you don’t need to keep track of multiple cards.
To use your Walmart Rewards eGift Card, simply print out the email with the barcode and hand it to the cashier at a Walmart store, or enter the Walmart Rewards eGift Card number and pin on Walmart.com. However, please remember to keep your eGift card information in a secure place as anyone could use your eGift card once he or she has the hard copy or eGift Card number and pin. For more information on Walmart Rewards eGift Cards, click here.
- Check the junk or spam folder in your email.
- Ensure you have your account linked to the correct email address.
- Request an email with your eGift Card by selecting My Reward Card –> Resend my eGift Card from the menu.
Contact us through the “Contact Us” link on our full site and leave feedback so that we can investigate.
Your Savings Catcher Reward Dollars are always loaded to the same eGift Card so you don’t need to keep track of multiple cards. To easily access your eGift Card and view the balance, we encourage you to save your eGift Card to your Walmart.com account. Learn more.
Bluebird is a financial account with flexible features and convenient management tools to help you get more from your money. Designed in partnership by American Express and Walmart, Bluebird gives you:
- The features you want such as Direct Deposit, Online & Mobile Bill Pay, Mobile Check Deposit and Family Accounts
- The value you expect including $0 Monthly Fees, $0 Overdraft Fees, $0 Fees to add cash at Walmart Registers, $0 Minimum Balance Required.
- The service you deserve with World-class American Express Customer Service and No Credit Reviews
How do I get a Bluebird® Account?
There are three ways to get a Bluebird® Account:
- Get a Bluebird Account Set Up Kit for $5 at a Walmart store near you except in Puerto Rico, start using your Temporary Card immediately, then register at Bluebird.com or
- Register directly online at www.bluebird.com/, or
- Download the Bluebird Mobile App from the App StoreSM or Google Play and register through the Bluebird® Mobile App (Data rates may apply.)
- For Puerto Rico, you can register directly online at www.bluebird.com/, or download the Bluebird Mobile App from the App StoreSM or Google Play and register through the Bluebird® Mobile App (Data rates may apply.)
Once you register online or via the Bluebird Mobile App a Permanent Bluebird Card will be mailed to the address you provided. Bluebird cannot send cards to P.O. Boxes, FPO, APO, Vermont residents, or outside the United States. You should receive your Permanent Bluebird Card 7-10 business days after you complete registration. You must activate it according to the instructions on the Card. If you have not received your Card(s) within 14 days, please call 1-877-486-5990. Note that you must verify your e-mail address before you can activate your Permanent Bluebird Card.